How did I do on my goals for 2011?
First, my knitting and spinning the goals:
- Finish at least 12 projects. I finished 11 and got very close to two more, and at least half-way on a third.
- Finish everything currently in my Ravelry queue. Two of the almost finished projects were from my queue, and there are two more projects I never got to. I did finish the others in my queue.
- Use up all of the remaining commercial yarn in my stash. Not so much I have five commercial yarns left that I started the year with last year. On the other hand, I have used the oldest yarns.
- Spin one colorway per month. Pretty badly failed. I only spun a little after April, as I let myself get intimidated by prepping fiber.
- Cold sheep yarn until I run out of commercial yarn. Accomplished! I only bought for project completion.
- Cold sheep fiber all year. Accomplished!
- Knit at least one item using handspun for every four projects. Not quite. I knit two items with handspun.
- Minimize pattern & book purchases. Very few bought.
- Knit 1 hour a day. I did well at the beginning of the year, but tapered off.
I also want to recommit to my past goals:
- Finish other unfinished projects not related to knitting. I did some, including the Crepe, but not many.
- No new hobbies. I forgot about this one. Oops!
- Use my craft supply stash. Pretty successful, actually.
- Make more bread. Sadly, not much!
- Continue to decrease my consumption of processed food. Okay, not as good as when I was in Georgia, but still less than Scott is used to.
- Continue to buy organic, free range meats and eggs. Progress.
- Continue to eat local in-season vegetables. Pretty good.
- Continue to choose local options for cheese, wine, beer, etc. Good!
- More canning & freezing. Participating in the Zymology Guild helped, but I still need to pick up some of the jars I've "banked".
- Make any new clothing or buy from small producers/handmade or second hand. Success, but I mostly accomplished this by getting very few new clothes.
- Declutter. Some progress.
Of course, the other main goal is:
- Get a job or go back to school. Erm... I seem to be right about the same spot as I was then. Feels a bit like a lost year.