Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cocktail Wednesdays: Flowering Fields

Flowering fields

This week, I chose Flowering Fields, another drink featuring absinthe and Green Chartreuse, one component of one our top favorites -- The Last Word. It also uses the pineapple syrup I made for The Bengal, and I was looking for other uses for it since I don't want to have to store a ton of not-very-useful ingredients.

Flowering Fields
1.5 oz Rye
3/4 oz Pineapple syrup
1/2 oz Lime juice
1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
1 tsp Absinthe
2 ds Orange bitters

Add ingredients in a shaker over ice. Shake, double strain into a coupe. Garnish with a thin lime slice.

The verdict: This drink is one of our favorites so far.  The predominant flavors are the Chartreuse, the absinthe and the pineapple.  I wasn't sure how they would interact, but they play very nicely together.

No comments:

Post a Comment