Friday, September 17, 2010

Kitchen Unpacked & Knit Night

Yesterday, I finished incorporating my things into the kitchen. I also finally managed to get a few before pictures.

I took this stuff that I brought with me:

Kitchen items

Plus a little bit more stuff...



And managed to find a way to fit it into here:

Kitchen before

And a couple of other places, resulting in this:

Kitchen

and this:

Kitchen

Then, last night I went to my new local yarn store, Neighborhood Knits, to join their knit night for the first time. The store is really lovely, and the people are nice. They have a good selection, including local handspun yarn and some other things that Sheepish (my favorite Atlanta LYS) does not carry, such as Madelinetosh, Hand Maiden, Pagewood Farms, and Habu yarns. They also have a big selection of purse handles, and nice large buttons and buckles for straps. I was so tempted by the lace, but I had already made a plan. After a year of not buying yarn for myself in order to decrease the size of my stash, I had decided that I could make an exception for my move, and I bought yarn to work with at the new knit night. I had decided to purchase yarn for a pair of socks, and it was just my luck that they were holding a special one-night sock hop. Many of the sock yarns were 20% off, and everyone who bought sock yarn was entered into a drawing for a sock yarn kit.

I bought two 50g skeins (enough for a pair of socks) of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino:

Koigu

And I won a kit as well. The kit contains two 50g balls of Panda Superwash from Crystal Palace Yarns in the Dark Night colorway:

Panda Superwash

We sat and chatted, and took pictures of everyone's hand knit socks.

Now I'm off to the farmers market to buy some food for the "Welcome to Michigan" party we're having tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely socky items! It looks like you've been welcomed in style.

    ReplyDelete