Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sharing Steampunk

Here is a round-up of the steampunk things that have caught my eye over the last few days.



Thin Gypsy Thief is making a beautiful custom stock for a combination rifle and lap steel guitar. If you haven't seen his beautiful custom wood-working before, you really should check it out.


More stampunky goodness after the jump.



Grosgrain, one of the blogs I follow, turned me on to Poetrie, a shop that carries some really lovely, stuff, including a number of dresses and jackets with a steampunk flair.





Torie Jayne led me to English clothing brand All Saints, which is way beyond my budget, but a great source of inspiration for some of the more grimy post-apocalyptic steampunk looks. I love the flowing, asymmetrical draping that some of the dresses have, while maintaing an edge. There is a lot of juxtaposition of softness and military references. Very cool.



Moving away from clothing, I started reading Zeppelin City, by Michael Swanwick and Eileen Gunn, and it is shaping up to be pretty good.



Finally, Apartment Therapy featured an extensive home tour of the folks at Steam Puffin and ModVic's steampunk house, which you've probably only seen bits and pieces of before. What impresses me is the extent of their attention to detail and the way that they have managed to incorporate the feel in the entire house.

No comments:

Post a Comment