Friday, February 24, 2012

Nessie Toy Finished

Nessie Amigurumi

Just last night, I finished the Nessie toy that I am knitting for my cousin's baby, who is due at the end of the month. I knit him in purple EL. D. Mouzakis Butterfly Cotton yarn from my stash using the Loch Ness Monster pattern from Amigurumi Knits, by Hansi Singh, which is also available online as a single pattern download.

The cotton got to be a strain on my hands whenever I was knitting something at a sharp angle to everything else, so I had put off making the flippers. Once I got my petticoat and my cardigan done, though, I was in the mood for tackling and finishing things. As these sorts of things usually are, it turned out not to be so bad as I had anticipated.

Nessie Amigurumi

I had trouble getting the color right on my iPhone camera (which I'm using today because I ran out of batteries for my regular camera and I don't want to put my post of any longer), but here's the best color adjustments I have. Hopefully you get the idea.

Nessie Amigurumi

He's in the wash now. Hopefully, he comes out all right!

2 comments:

  1. Can you post the pattern please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post contains a link to the Ravelry page on the pattern, which comes from the book Amigurumi Knits, by Hansi Singh. Through that link, you can purchase and download the pattern individually.

      Delete