While I didn't really take before pictures of the entire kitchen, here is the summary so you can see what we finished last week. Remember the before, peachy-pink with stenciled ivy?
See the result after the jump.
Here are a couple of progress shots showing the walls and soffits partially painted, but the original cabinet color:
Finally, here is the result after priming the walls and painting the cabinets:
You may be wondering why I only primed the walls rather than painting them. Well, this isn't really the final result for the kitchen, it's just the interim result that I am at least somewhat pleased with.
As you can see, the stove/refrigerator side of the kitchen is very cramped, and there is really no counter space on that side. Beyond the refrigerator, there is plenty of space that appears to have been originally designed as an eat-in kitchen, but the only thing in it at the moment is the shelving unit/pot rack because the layout is quite odd.
We are planning a major overhaul, moving a door so that we can move the refrigerator to the wall where the pot rack is and add cabinets on either side of the stove as well as the refrigerator. Plus, we will be installing a tile floor. At this point, I don't know how much we'll be keeping, but it won't be much. Scott anticipates starting that overhaul sometime next year. He is planning to pre-construct hand-built cabinets and install them as soon as we have done the floor.