Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Detroit Urban Craft Fair





On Sunday, Scott and I met up with a girl I met at Spinner's Flock and went to the Detroit Urban Craft Fair, which was held at the Fillmore in downtown Detroit. It's a beautiful theatre with painted freezes, and the vendors were spread out throughout, wherever there was space for a table.

Flower fascinator from DUCF

We only purchased a few things: some fun buttons, a mustache hand mirror, and a fabric flower fascinator, but I did what I typically do and picked up a number of cards for things I thought were worth noting, before I decided what to buy.

Information on those vendors after the jump.





I liked these crocheted bow-ties from Mitten Made, and she also had some super cute crocheted coin purses with felt appliques, which I almost bought.





I loved the patinated copper offerings and dangling brass filigree earrings from Courtney Fischer Jewelry.





Earthenware beads and steampunk jewelry from Earthenwood Studio. My favorite was the Detroit skyline necklace, above.





Yarn, rovings, hand knits, and patterns from Cosymakes.



Brass necklaces from Chain Chain Chained Jewelry.



Mini tube-robots from Deets.



Super cute fabric and stamps from Frizzlestix.



Ruffle necklace from Pretty Things by Meg.





Gorgeous fabrics and screen prints from Indriya. (She was super nice to talk to, too.)



Super cute printed napkins and clothing form Jennifer Joy Creative.





The people from Cyberoptix with the always awesome ties showed up.



The folks from i3Detroit taught people how to use electroluminescent wire to make a blinking cowboy hats.



If I had kids to buy or sew for, I would have been into the cute clothes and patterns from One Girl Circus.





On the way out, I snagged a 10% off coupon for City Bird (a Detroit store that sells locally handmade, Detroit themed stuff) or Bureau of Urban Living (a local home goods store). Both are located in Midtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment