Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hellenic Eleanor

As I mentioned yesterday, I chose to knit a hat and cowl set for the Ravellenics.  Last night I finished weaving the ends on the cowl and blocked it, ready for the photograph I took this morning.

Hellenic Eleanor Cowl

The pattern I used is Eleanor Cowl by Audrey Knight. I chose this cowl not only because the pattern is beautiful, but also because it features a similar motif to the hat I made.

I didn't swatch for it, so I ended up decreasing needle sizes faster than called for by the pattern, until I got a fabric I was satisfied with. On the bind-off, upping the needle size was insufficient to make a top edge that easily passes over the head, so I ripped it out and used the same needle size for a Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-off. That worked like a dream, so all that was left for yesterday was weaving ends and blocking.


  1. That is SO pretty! It's going to look GREAT for fall and winter.

  2. This is so pretty, too! It will look lovely on you!!