Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cocktail Wednesdays: Summer Blush

Summer Blush

I chose Summer Blush for tonight's cocktail, since we have fresh cucumbers and we were watching Desperado, so it felt like a good time for a tequila drink.  This one calls for silver tequila, but since we had some nice Cabo Wabo on hand, I used that.

Summer Blush

1 1⁄4 oz Silver (Blanco) tequila
1 oz Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain
1⁄2 oz Lime juice
2 ds Rose water
4 ds Peychaud's Bitters
2 slices Cucumber

Muddle cucumber slices with rose water, Peychaud’s and lime juice. Add tequila, St. Germain and ice and shake. Double-strain into a cocktail glass, rub another cucumber slice around the rim and place on the rim for garnish.

Summer Blush

The verdict: I was surprised at how girly it looked, when I mixed it up. I think the light pink color was thanks to the Peychaud's. Scott thought it was very girly, but still good. Personally, I didn't find it any more girly in taste than a margarita. With the knowledge of the amount of elderflower liqueur and the use of rose water in the drink, I was surprised that it wasn't more flowery. I thought it was nicely balanced by the tequila, and the cucumber kept it fresh. My one issue was that I was rather annoyed by the way the cucumber slice garnish kept sliding around toward my mouth, so I ended up tossing it into the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment