Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cocktail Wednesdays: Fancy Free

Fancy Free

This week's cocktail was The Fancy Free. I found it thanks to tooling around on Kindred Cocktails looking for drinks that involve orange bitters. I found Kindred Cocktails thanks to a new comment on my Colony Cocktail post, from back when we didn't know the difference between Marachino cherries and real Marachino liqueur. We still have to retry the Colony Cocktail, but we've had to throw out the grapefruit juice we had, and I'm trying to use things we have first. The Fancy Free was a great candidate for a new drink we could make without buying anything.

Fancy Free

2 oz Bourbon
1/2 oz Maraschino Liqueur
1 ds Angostura bitters
1 ds Orange bitters

Stir with ice and strain into cocktail glass

The verdict: Both Scott and our guest who tried it liked it so much that they thought they would order it out at a bar. I call that success. The Marachino took center stage for me, but it still combined really nicely with the other elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment