Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cocktail Wednesdays: The Cooperstown Cocktail

The Cooperstown Cocktail

Once again, I have let time get the better of me, and I am very late in posting last week's cocktail. I chose the Cooperstown Cocktail, with the thought that it should be a refreshing, minty version of a martini, and I would get to try the orange bitters for the first time.

The Cooperstown Cocktail:

1.5 oz Gin
0.75 oz Dry Vermouth
0.75 oz Sweet Vermouth
2 dashes Orange Bitters
2-3 Mint Leaves

Add all ingredients to a mixing glass
Gently shake with ice and strain into a coupe
Garnish with a sprig of mint


The verdict: The dink blended nicely, thanks to the orange bitters. The flavors flowed smoothly from the gin to the mint to the vermouth. It was definitely too heavy on the vermouth for both Scott and I, but that's not too surprising, considering it's half vermouth. I think I might even like it if the proportions changed just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment