Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Card Crafting

Christmas Card

I'm not very good at ever managing to get christmas cards out, but this year I made some. Here's what I did:

Christmas Card

I cut out snowflakes of different sizes from paper, then I traced the shapes onto thick craft foam. I carved the craft foam with a wood burner, just like I did for my circlet at Halloween, but with no three dimensional shapes. In this way, I turned the craft foam into a stamp.

Christmas Card

I experimented with my stamps and the message I wanted in several different fonts to narrow down to my final choice.

Christmas Card

I printed these on pre-perforated cardstock from Avery, then separated them into individual cards before stamping.

Christmas Card

A registration mark at the corner of where I placed the card helped me keep the cards fairly similar from one to the next, once I had figured out how I wanted them to look.

Christmas Card

Christmas Card

Once the outside of the card was done, it was time for the final stamp on the inside.

Christmas Card

Fold it up, and it's done!

The next step was to print everyone's names on the envelopes. I entered all of the names and addresses into the computer, and went to print them all, and they became inaccessible. I guess I'll be writing them by hand instead. That's one way to keep myself occupied on the way to my parents' house.

No comments:

Post a Comment