Friday, June 17, 2011

Cocktail Wednesdays: The Green Glacier

The Green Glacier

Sorry for the delay in posting. This week, I decided that I wanted to try something else involving our bottle of Green Chartreuse. Given how much we like The Last Word, yet not particularly liking the Chartreuse by itself, I am interested in other combinations. With the drop in temperature, I also took the opportunity to pick a chilled cocktail, rather than a glass half full of ice. Having read that Chartreuse and chocolate go well together, I decided to try the Green Glacier, which contains both.

The Green Glacier

2 oz Brandy
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
1/4 oz Crème de cacao
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Stir with ice, strain into chilled cocktail glass. No garnish.

The verdict: The two flavors showcased in this drink were the Chartreuse and the brandy, in that order. I believe that I may have detected a level of richness added by the crème de cacao, but none of the five people present could taste any chocolate. Also, the word green clearly refers to the inclusion of the Chartreuse, rather than the color of the drink itself. This is not a bad drink, but it is not at the level of The Last Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment