Friday, April 1, 2011

Knitting and Spinning

Rip Tide Shawlette

Here is my latest finished project, the Rip Tide Shawlette, designed by me and made with yarn spun by me.

Rip Tide Shawlette

Here's what the back looks like if it is worn spread out. I'm not 100% pleased with the pattern, but with some tweaking, I suppose I could publish it. I haven't seen anything out there that has the same feel that I was going for, with asymmetrical crashing waves.

I guess at this point, I have also designed a shawl, a hat and a pair of baby booties, and I suppose you could even count a sweater that I did some unusual shaping on, so I could start publishing my patterns, even if they were free.

Handspun Romney Singles

I also recently finished spinning the Romney wool that has been on my wheel for a while.

Handspun Romney

Here's the finished product, though the color in the photograph is a bit off.

No comments:

Post a Comment