Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cocktail Wednesdays: Brandy Alexander

Brandy Alexander

This week, while browsing though a list of classics to see what we hadn't tried yet, I settled on another creamy chocolatey drink  - the Brandy Alexander.  As I poured the drink, I discovered the danger of using the gradations on our new Boston shaker.  I poured the first two ingredients then proceeded to pour the cream far too fast, but since I was simply adding liquid to the same glass and had used up all of the crème de cacao, I was unable to go back and fix it to the correct proportions.

Brandy Alexander

1 oz Cognac
1 oz Crème de Cacao Dark
1 oz Double Cream
Garnish: Grated Nutmeg

Pour all ingredients in a shaker, fill with ice and shake. Double strain into a cocktail glass. Grate nutmeg on top.

The verdict: At the level of cream I accidentally poured in (nearly twice the amount called-for), this drink strongly resembles Bailey's on the rocks. We didn't find it much more chocolatey an irish cream, though that might have been more evident with less cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment