Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cocktail Night: Dyckman After Dark

Dyckman After Dark

Back again!  I bought a new charger for my laptop, and everything's working again.

This week, I served Dyckman After Dark in the lovely set of coupes I picked up yesterday at the thrift store for 50 cents a piece.  As per usual, I picked the drink rather last minute, so it is lacking an orange peel garnish.  One reason I selected this drink is that it also makes use of an ingredient we picked up recently, chocolate bitters.

Dyckman After Dark

1 1/2 oz Añejo rum
1 oz Orange liqueur
3 ds Chocolate bitters, Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate
Orange twist garnish

Stir over ice. Strain into a coupe. Garnish with an orange twist.

The verdict: this was a tasty dessert drink, as orange and chocolate are always a good combination.  They work nicely with the rum, and blend together well. It was only a hint of chocolate, and Scott couldn't pick it out specifically.  Our guest liked it, but it is still strong, and the burn was too much for his recently-sick throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment