Monday, January 31, 2011

Some projects for keeping warm

Peaks Island Hood

Today, I finished the Peaks Island Hood, designed by Ysolda Teague. All it needed was buttons and the ends woven in, and I was determined to get it done before the end of January, even though I have been pending all of my knitting time with the Peacock shawl.

Peaks Island Hood

I am very pleased with the final result, though perhaps I blocked the hood too much as it wrinkles on top. Otherwise, I am quite glad that I stretched it out within an inch of its life because doing so allowed me to achieve the pattern's gauge and it now has a lovely drape.

Nordic Heart Mittens

I also wanted to share the secret project I mentioned earlier, which I made as a gift for my step-dad. This mitten pattern is from the book Selbuvotter, which is full of fabulous nordic designs. These nordic mittens were my first stranded colorwork project, and they are a bit of a nod to his scandinavian heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment